Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Things I love......


Aside from my two girls and sweet husband, there are a few things that I love. It is obvious that I have a serious SWEET tooth. Chocolate (in all varieties), Chocolate Chip cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and cake are among my top favorites. I also love Red Velvet Cake. For those of you who watch the Ellen show, you may have heard her talk about red velvet cake too. There's a place in LA call Doughboys that is world famous for their red velvet cake. We decided to be adventurous & drive out to LA to get some red velvet cake for my birthday (we also had a party with Mark's family). We drove out to LA on Saturday. That night were tired and teasing Paige that she'd have to tuck us in. She was going to sing to us & say prayers with us. She then started off with the sweetest prayer. Right before she wrapped it up, she started in with the Pledge of Allegiance (that she knows by heart from preschool- thanks MOM). She was so serious and then finished off with a traditional "AMEN". We were trying not to crack up, but it was hard not to. She was so sweet and sincere, but it was too funny. 
The next morning, I woke up with the stomach flu. All I could think of was my red velvet cake I wouldn't be able to eat! Everyone said it was delicious & I felt okay enough that night to have a few bites. It was good! I would recommend it to anyone who likes Red Velvet cake. FYI- the next morning I felt much better & had a rather large piece for breakfast... MMMMMmmmmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
craigandlissa said...

Okay, now I see that cake I'm wishing I would have at least tried a bite or two. . .