Claire is finally 2! It could be her size, vocabulary, terrible two-esque tantrums & attitude and fearless personality that she already seemed two before now. She loves the movie toy story & can't get enough of Buzz & Woody. Claire wants to do everything her big sister does & like any good big sister she won't appreciate that until later in life. Paige is actually really patient with Claire most of the time, but they know how to push each others buttons. Happy Birthday to Claire!
Trying to be the best Mom I could be I attempted to make a Toy Story cake. My attempt failed- the icing was too runny, Reese needed to be fed & two little girls wanted to be my "helpers" in the kitchen. I promise to buy cakes until I have the time to make them (but I do love it, even though I'm WAY out of practice).
Mark's brother Dustin & his wife Brooke live about 5 minutes away. It was fun to have them over for Claire's party. She & her cousin Jacob are two days apart. They play so good together. We were outside blowing bubbles & Claire was trying to help Jacob. It is hard to take pictures when your hands are both busy! Jacob kept putting the bubble wand in his mouth & then would open his mouth & a bubble would come out. Wish I could have gotten it on camera.
We got Claire her very own bike. She loves to ride "paigey's bike", but it is too big for her. This one is just right, except for that girly stuff on the handle bars. I saw her pulling that out & had to laugh.
**I have to give credit to Mark for the pictures of Reese crying & Paige's close up. That might help you get a better idea of how things went! Looking at these pictures I realize I probably should have done something with the girl's hair. It was a restful (lazy) Sunday afternoon & I was too busy trying to get a cake finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment