May 21st-
My sister in-law Jamie, my sister Melissa & I took the kids to Disneyland and left the babies with grandmas. We had so much fun together (but we missed Claire & Dylan). Paige loves her cousins! We spent a lot of time at California Adventure. The Pixar parade is super cute. Paige loved it since she's very into Monster's Inc & the Incredibles right now. We had front row seating despite the crazy tourists who tried to "squeeze" their way in at the last minute. Suckers seem to be make waiting much more bearible for kids 19 months- 3 1/2 years old.
The weather was perfect and it wasn't too crowded. We ended up staying until they closed and the kids crashed all the way home. Luke crashed while waiting for the last ride- we're chalking it up to the benadryl... poor kid. Kaylee was not so sure about the first ride, but Luke & Paige loved it.
Luckily we didn't go the following day (thanks to Melissa who had a baby shower)- that's when the crazy weather hit. Mark was home from work and out mowing the lawn when the first thunder storm came through. Mark is a die hard & once the rain stopped he was back outside to finish.
I went to the gym later that afternoon (blue skies & no rain) and when I came out the weather was crazy. It was raining pretty hard & dark outside. People were saying to drive safe because their had been some tornados! Huh? The four mile drive home was so scary. I HATE thunder & it was loud with lighting right behind it. I was afraid a tornado would get me before I could make it home... what a wimp! Love the rain, hate all the other stuff. I'm so spoiled from living in California most of my life and always having nice weather. Except for the crazy heat- I'm so thankful for air conditioning!
No comments:
Post a Comment