We decided after one very difficult Sunday that Paige needed to learn about being reverent. Sundays are usually challenging since our ward meets at 1:30pm- the same time Paige takes a much needed nap. Three hours is a long time for a 3 year old & even longer when they have to stay seated & haven't had a nap.
We thought Family Home Evening would be the perfect way to start teaching Paige about proper church behavior- the basics like sitting in your chair, not running in the halls away from your teacher, etc (it was a rough Sunday for our Paige).
Paige LOVED F.H.E.! The song, the lesson about being reverent & the treat- Green ice cream (mint & chip)! We didn't think much of it, other than that we prayed Paigey would remember the things we taught her the following Sunday. It actually worked (for the most part). She was much better in primary the following week and she was very excited to have family home evening again. She would talk about it and ask if we could have it again. She was so cute about it- I figure if I didn't blog it now, I'd forget she enjoyed it. We keep it simple & very short, and I feel like a good Mom for actually doing something right :0)
Paige got to be the helper on the last day of preschool. They had a princess party & all got to wear their princess dresses. I'll have to get pictures from my Mom so I can post them. As the helper, you get to bring sharing, be the line leader, lead the pledge and bring the snack. I thought a princess party needed princess worthy snacks. I thought it would be fun to incorporate this into our FHE activity & treat. We dipped marshmallows into melted chocolate & then into sprinkles. I thought Paige would fun & take pride in her snack at preschool the next day. She LOVED it & we had fun as a family (Claire was already in bed so she wasn't included). Here are the finished marshmallows and Paigey post treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment