Paige cut her own bangs the other day. It was a crazy morning as it was & that topped it off. All I could think of was what I think when I hear that someone's kid has cut their own hair- "where were you (the parent) and how did they get a pair of scissors". Mark wondered the same thing. I will enlighten you & perhaps make you laugh along the way......
I was giving Claire a bath & Paige was brushing her teeth before she got in the tub. Somehow she managed to get toothpaste in her bangs (I have know idea how & when I asked her, she didn't either). I sent her to my bathroom to get a comb so we could comb out the toothpaste. It took longer than it should have & when I went to check on her the deed had been done. The scissors were on my bathroom counter & there was a chunk of hair in the sink. I know "why were the scissors on your counter where she could reach them?"- I had left them there after I trimmed her bangs the other day. They were already too short & I was afraid I'd need to even them out some more. NO excuse, they should've been put away. I more upset with her for using the scissors since I ALWAYS emphasize that we NEVER play with scissors. The chunk missing from her bangs should grow back pretty quick. We hope in 3 weeks it will look better since Mark's brother Matt is getting married & we'll be taking family pictures.
I took of picture of her with my phone & sent it to Mark at work. When Mark came home she was scared her would be really upset. She covered her bangs & said "oh no... we can't let daddy see my hole!". I had told her earlier that she cut a hole in her bangs & I couldn't fix it. Of course she said- "why?" I had to explain I couldn't make her hair grow back. I hope she learned her lesson- probably not which is why all the scissors in the house have been relocated to unknown & out of reach location.
3 comments:
Thank you for that! I've been dying to see Paige with her new "do" since mom told me. Oh Paige, she's gonna be a fun teenager. I have a feeling Luke is not too far behind in doing something like that. He did try to cut his hair at craft time at the library-good thing it's a buzz and he couldn't get anything in the scissors. Good times...
I know I had an incident of cutting hair when I was younger. Though I did not cut my own hair I cut my sisters and then tried to hide it from my mom. Hopefully Paige's hair does grow out by the wedding and if not a least she still looks adorable.
Oh how I remember those surprise haircuts Mindy used to give herself! Maybe she'll grow up to be a stylist like Mindy!
Post a Comment