Monday, December 28, 2009

This could've been our card

For those of you who didn't get our Christmas card... it may still be on the way. They were sent out in the hopes of making it before Christmas, but December has been just as busy as November was. The girls went through another round of colds & the stomach flu made it's way through our house. After finally getting caught up on the laundry & getting the Christmas shopping done, I decided we needed to send out Christmas cards. We missed last year & this year we almost passed again. I have grand visions of having them done & mailed out the first week of December next year.
I had planned to take the girls' picture the week before, however things didn't go as planned. While taking a bath, Claire managed to bump her chin. The crying sounded worse than usual & the blood was a bad sign. My friends Shannon & Laura had both talked about butterflying cuts & avoiding Urgent Care. I called Shannon to make sure I had done it right. The blood stop & miraculously (yet again) Claire avoided the ER, urgent care or even stitches.
So... filling my Clark Griswold holiday expectations, the cards had to go out. At eight o'clock I told Mark we were going to try something crazy. We got the girls all dressed up & took as many pictures as they would allow. Reese was begging to go to bed & Claire was not far from it either. All in all, we got it done in record time with no stress or anxiety build up. Not a bad last minute plan.
Here is the card that went out....


(and to show you it was the best option, the pictures that could've gone out)







Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

melissa gargalis said...

lots of posts! The girls are getting so old now...I'm looking for a plane ticket yesterday! Love all the pictures. Missed you guys at Christmas. Talk to ya later-love ya.

Dara's Doodles said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!! Your girls are so darling...and its nice to see Claire's hair is growing back out! I'm trying to plan a trip up there to see you all soon! I can hardly wait! :)

Kaas Love said...

Happy Late Holidays to you all..though it looks like you guys had an amazing time!! Love the vests the girls have on, Kylie has the same pink one...ha, gotta love our same taste in clothes...we're good.