Saturday, August 23, 2008

Claire's 1st birthday... the Party








I'm on a roll & the computer hasn't frozen (yet), so here goes.... Claire's 1st birthday has already been blogged. We did have an actual party for her with family, presents and of course the messy 1st cake. Leave it to me to not think about a LOT of red dye in frosting on the face of a 1 year old... just check out the picture of Claire to see what I mean. I was excited to put my cake decorating skills to work & was impressed with myself. Thanks to everyone who came to the party.. it was fun to get together. It was nice to have Josh home (after missing 2 years of family get togethers). Claire loved everything (& Paige did too. Why does the 3 year old love the toys for her sister???? Drives us crazy because Paige still believes all toys belong to her & if she shares them with her sister she's being nice...... but heaven forbid if Claire touches, the barbies, ponies, dress up stuff, etc...)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

The pic of Claire eating her cake is hysterical!! i bet that was hard to get out..red icing..nice stuff!! haha I cant believe she is one already! Time flies..

Eric and Laura said...

Lovin' the red icing...at least she was patriotic around Memorial Day. :D Are you shooting for blue icing next year? I'd love to see that one.

melissa gargalis said...

so, how come the picture of me is of me stuffing my face?...sheesh! Thanks for that! I'll see what I can post of you...j/k. I can't believe how big are kids are. They are at such fun stages in life.

Nice blogging

The Johnson's said...

You freaking little beast. You thought I wouldnt find you, but I did. If you dont know who this is, just try to remember the most ghetto girl you knew in Mo Val and how she almost got beat up by the camp care-takers....

melissa gargalis said...

Bec, please excuse Megan's comment, she meant it for me. I believe she called herself ghetto for putting the comment on your blog. Funny girl.