In case you don't want to go through the entire blog to see what the girls are up to (Mark & I don't have anything exciting to report) here is the latest & greatest of what's happening:
Claire continues to prove to be an animal- although she is ALWAYS entertaining & able to flash her smile to save her from trouble. Her latest- in the spirit of the olympics she decided to climb out of her crib (Those not keeping track- she is almost 15 months old). I walked in as she was making her dismount & hanging from the crib railing. I turned the crib around the higher side was in front & the crib is already wedged in the corner ( I learned the turning around trick while watching an episode of the 'Gilmore Girls'. It worked with Paige -thanks Lorelai). So far, Claire hasn't had any additional successful attempts. I'm NEED her to stay in a crib or our life is over as we now know it.
Claire's greatest- there are a few...... she now LOVES to kiss. She's hasn't perfected (or even attempted) to use her lips. She comes straight at you with an open mouth. She's so cute & we love it! I'll have to try to get it on camera, but now when she sees the camera she says 'cheese' & poses in the cheesiest way.
Claire loves to climb on or in anything she can get to. Her favorite right now is climbing onto the table. We have learned to just put the chairs on top of the table to remove the temptation altogether.
The other day we were outside before Mark came home from work. Our sprinklers had been on too long & the backyard was a little soaked. She found a puddle & was having the best time splashing in the water. She was pretty pleased with herself as you can see ( I however was proud of myself for actually getting the camera out & capturing the moment).
Paige is ever dramatic & full of intellectual conversation (although if you can understand the made up stuff about Belle, Jasmine, the contracts & the castle- you're better off than us). She loves to ask "why?" after almost everything we say & occasionally we get a "huh?" which I particularly love (especially when I know she heard exactly what I said). She loves to dance & always adds the "tap, tap, tap" as she's tapping. We really need to get her in a dance class of some kind. Twice in the last 2 days she has decided to completely dress herself- Let's just say "Fashion Police". On Sunday before church she came out saying "I'm all ready for church". The pictures don't do it justice (oh... but the pose does!). She is wearing brown shoes (on the wrong feet) with black tights. The skirt was partially tucked in the back which we didn't notice until we had her turn around. What a riot! The next picture is of her in her "carla" or "color" dress (given to her by an awesome lady from church- named Carla). She put it on backwards so she could zip it up, on top of her clothes. The shoes & tights finish off the ensemble.
We love our girls & everything they do to make us laugh!
2 comments:
What a crack up, nothing like your dress in your tights. Maybe she could wear that for Halloween?...j/k. Funny girls. I can't wait till Luke starts dressing himself. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with. You should post pictures from Kira's shower?...email a copy of the three of us. Might be a framer eh?...
It's so nice to see the other side of the coin. Girls CAN be just as entertaining as boys. :) I especially love Paige's "complete" ensemble. Thankfully she'll grow out of this mis-match phase...you hope. I'm glad to see you're posting again. It makes me think I've actually talked to you more recently. :)
Post a Comment