Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Soakin' Cute

Paige loves to talk and is always coming up with something entertaining. So I won't forget, I wanted to include a few of her sayings.....

Soakin': adjective used to describe anything in excess.
Example- You would say "soaking wet" if you were really wet (which is where she learned this). After her first time on Splash Mountain, she was wet. After two more times, she was soaking wet- along with my parents who went with her. Now, anything can be soakin'- It is soakin' hot, I'm soakin' angry, or this is soakin' good.
I'm not sure whether or not this new word will catch on with others, but we use it in our family & have to laugh. Paige is so soakin' cute!

Little Lord 'tivity: a nativity or creche
Paige refers to the baby Jesus of any nativity as "the little Lord Jesus" (from Away in a Manger). When Grandma got the fisherprice natvity set to play with , she dubbed it the little Lord 'tivity. We tried to correct her only at first because it is SO sweet.

Old McDonalds: most refer to the restaurant as McDonalds
We have only ever called it McDonalds, but she has always referred to it as Old McDonalds. Again, no point in correcting her- it makes us smile

Last one- this is a quick tribute to Mark. He was brave enough to take Paige to Old Navy for a last minute whim..... If you saw the Old Navy ad last week, they were giving away 4 movie tickets with a purchase of $20. If you do the math, that's a great deal! Saturday morning I was reading the ads in the paper from the day before & thought "why not"? The ad stated tickets were limited to the first 50-200 people. I assumed that few people would have seen the ad & I'd be in luck- always the optimist! This is even after I attempted the black Friday sale at Walmart and struck out at 5:00am. Josh agreed to come with me & then Mark volunteered too. My Mom watched Claire & Paige came with us. To our surprise, we ALL got tickets eventhough we didn't go early to stand in line & showed up just after they had opened. See what happens when you read the paper :0)
So... back to the Paige story- Mark and Paige were standing in line to check out. An older lady in front of them was talking with Mark & Paige. The lady mentioned to Paige what beautiful, brown eyes she had. Paige responded with "I got my beautiful brown eyes from my dad" in her nice Paige voice (loud). The lady looked at Mark (who was already embarrassed) and said "oh yes you did". Then to Mark's dismay- several other ladies in front of them turned around to see what Paige was talking about. I wish I could've been there to see & hear it!

3 comments:

rogersfam said...

That is too funny! My favorite is the little Lord Jesus "tivity". Classic!

Shannon said...

That is cute! I wish I had written down all the little words...that will be awesome to have in years to come!

Eric and Laura said...

Soakin' cute!!! I was all prepared to see pictures of your kids stuck in the rain storm yesterday. I may have to adopt some of Paige's vocabulary. LOVE IT!!

P.S. Glad you've rejoined the blogging world (for the time being).