Tuesday, July 14, 2009

June flew by....






I'm not sure where June went, but I do know that it was busy & went by way too fast! June was filled with visitors- my Mom came to stay with us for a week. It was fun to have her here & so nice to get out of the house. It is much easier to do with an extra set of hands. She came with us to the doctor, to get the girls pictures taken & our first outing to the Boise mall. I'm excited because they have a Disney Store which the girls loved. Claire got her first pair of flip flops. We didn't have a stroller so we would have room for my Mom's suitcase. The mall isn't the best place for a two year old to try out flip flops.... although she did love them & had fun wearing them, my poor Mom had to keep picking her up. I tried to get pictures of the girls in their matching tinkerbell nightgowns. It is impossible to get them to both look & smile at the same time (hence paying someone at JC Penny to get the other pics).
We had a lot of fun while my mom was here & were apparently too busy to take pictures. I only have one picture of her playing with the girls. She did a good job spoiling her girls- Thanks Mom!







My mom was here while we celebrated Father's day. We were able to get on skype & talk to my Dad. The girls think that's so much fun, but their attention span is so short. We also talked to Mark's family. It was weird because they were all together without us. It was a quiet day & one of Mark's presents was a sweet & happy Reese who let him hold her without crying & then fell asleep. She is a mama's girl & usually will cry when I hand her off to Mark. I'm not worried because once she turns two she'll turn & be a Daddy's girl. I'm two for two so far. I don't mind at all.... I love that the girls adore their Dad. Especially Paige... she's always talking about marrying him one day in the Redlands Temple. It's not worth trying to explain to her- we've already tried to tell her she needs to marry someone else... but who can be "just like her dad". Mark was sick Father's day weekend so we weren't able to go out while my mom was here. We were looking forward to a night without kids while we had a willing babysitter.
Since I didn't post appropriately on Father's day to pay tribute to Mark & my Dad, here goes. Mark is the BEST dad! He is so good with our girls & loves them to pieces. He's been so great lately to come home from work & give me a break. He'll take them swimming or on a trip to lowes or just to get an ice cream. He is so wonderful & I'm thankful everyday for an awesome husband. Love you Babe!
My Dad is the best! He had become the most amazing grandpa. The girls really miss him. He & Claire had become total buddies while we lived with them. Thanks Dad for being so loving & supportive during CRAZY time in our lives! Love you tons-

Carey was here for a few days to look for a house. I picked her up from the airport as I was dropping my Mom off. What a crazy day! We dropped her off at Brooke & Dustin's house where she was staying (they were in Cali at her house). The girls couldn't figure out why they were having to say goodbye to two grandmas on the same day.. it was all very confusing for them.
Carey did find a house the first day she was here- so crazy fast! She'll be up here mid- July. By the time she got up here, both girls had been sick & I was the last one to catch it. Mark & I went out to dinner while she was here. It was nice to get out the house & have some "almost" alone time. We had Reese with us.... of course. She was actually really good.

No comments: